Questions for Men
She’s pregnant and I’m the father, so where do I go from here?
That’s a good question, and just by asking it, you’re on the right track.
- You need not be powerless or confused, there are organizations and people who can help with guidance and decision making. You should have the opportunity to help make healthy decisions for your child’s life.
- Listen: The situation involved more than just you. There are now three lives to think about.
- Stay Calm: Freaking out will only magnify the negative. You’re not the first couple ever to be in this spot.
- Talk About It: Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
- Don’t Bail: The more you run from this, the harder it becomes to think and act clearly.
- Don’t Pressure Her: Applying pressure will push her away; possibly into a regretful situation. Both of you would do well to work as a team.
For more information, and/or to speak to a male advocate, please call or email the Pregnancy Resource Center at Email: [email protected] or (972) 642-3877.
We can provide information and referrals.